*SCAPE SPOTLIGHT: Short Films of K.Rajagopal (Rating: R21)
As a filmmaker, Rajagopal has won the Singapore International Film Festivalʼs Special Jury Prize for 3 consecutive years with his first three short films I CANʼT SLEEP TONIGHT(1995), THE GLARE (1996) and ABSENCE (1997). Other works include BROTHER (1997), which was commissioned by the Singapore Arts Festival. He was also commissioned by the Singapore National Museum to create a short film, THE NEW WORLD (2008), for the launch of their Digital Homeland Series; as well as TIMELESS (2010), which won Best Cinematography and Best Editing at the Singapore Short Film Awards 2011. He directed a segment in the LUCKY 7 exquisite corpose film project with six other prominent Singaporean directors such as Boo Junfeng and Sun Koh. His short film was also part of the SG50 MDA commissioned omnibus film 7 LETTERS, 2015 which had its Asian premiere at the Busan Film Festival in 2015.
He has written and directed television films like MADDY, TWO MOTHERS IN A HDB PLAYGROUND for Channel 5 and ANITAʼS COMPLAINT, THE BOY WHO WAS NOT THERE and HEARTLAND for the Okto Channel. K. Rajagopal also worked on stage for over ten years where he has collaborated with many notable theatre directors. After an 11-year hiatus, he appeared in the role of King Lear in THE KING LEAR PROJECT at Kunsten Festival Des Arts in Brussels and at the Singapore Arts Festival in 2008 and played Faust in FILM FAUST for Esplanade Presents Series in 2009. In 2010 he appeared in DREAM-HOME and EPIC POEM OF MALAYA by Spell#7.
In 2012, K. Rajagopal was a recipient of the New Feature Talent Grant from the Media Development Authority of Singapore. A YELLOW BIRD is his first feature film and it premiered at the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL in 2016.
• A fee of $10 will be charged for each ticket booking.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 14 January 2017, 12pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE Co. Ltd for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE Co. Ltd is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE Co. Ltd own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organized by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to receive information on *SCAPE Co. Ltd benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.